Health Benefits of Bone Broth
- Place bones into a large stock pot and cover with water. ( be sure to purchase animal products that are pasture-fed and free of antibiotics and hormones to unlock all the bone broth benefits)
- Add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to water prior to cooking. This helps to pull out important nutrients from the bones.
- Fill stock pot with filtered water. Leave plenty of room for water to boil.
- Heat slowly. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for at least six hours. Remove scum as it arises.
- Cook slow and at low heat. Chicken bones can cook for 24 hours. Beef bones can cook for 48 hours. A low and slow cook time is necessary in order to fully extract the nutrients in and around the bone.
- You can also add in vegetables, such as onions, garlic, carrots and celery, for added nutrient value.
Found this tip helpful?
If yes, subscribe below and get new health and fitness tips to live life pain and drug free